As the Chief Operating Officer, you will have the primary responsibility of leading day-to-day operations across the group entities in accordance with the strategic plans, operating and capital budgets.
You would be required to plan, direct, and oversee the organization’s operational policies, rules, initiatives, and goals. You will also help the organization execute long-term and short-term plans.
This position has overall supervisory responsibility for all corporate operations.
- Oversee and implement business operations.
- Establish policies and procedures that promote mission and vision of company.
- Oversee operations of the company executives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead and oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization and executives with respect to sales, finance, IT, marketing, communications etc.
- Develop in collaboration with the CEO and finance team, and annual operating plan that supports the group’s long-term strategy.
- Responsible for driving the company to achieve sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals.
- Keep the CEO fully informed in a timely and candid manner the conduct of the day-to-day operations of the business towards the achievement of its goals and objectives.
- Lead employees on operational matters and ensure proper communications, resolution of issues, and maximum performance and dedication.
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, customer focus and integrity.
- Coordinate sustainability strategies for the organization.
- Access and manage risks associated with operations such as proposals, projects and staffing.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team; attract, recruit and retain relevant staff, and provide mentoring as needed.
- Assist the CEO in fundraising efforts and establishing an appropriate organization structure.
- Participate in expansion activities such as (investments, partnerships and/or corporate alliances)
- Perform other functions related to the office of the COO or as may by requested by the CEO or Board.
Knowledge, skills and attitudes required for the role
- Solid understanding of business management functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing etc.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Aptitude in decision making and problem solving.
- Experience in fundraising is a plus.
- Master’s degree in a business or related field could be an advantage.
- Competence in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development and strategic planning.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
1. Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Email subject title: Chief Operating Officer
3. CV should not be more than 2 pages and should be in PDF format.