As part of its Library Support programmes, the UNESCO Port Harcourt World Book Capital (PH WBC) 2014 is calling on well-meaning citizens to donate new or fairly used books still in good condition for distribution to indigent communities within Port Harcourt.
The books may be dropped off at any of the following locations in Port Harcourt from 29thSeptember to 3rd October 2014;
– Jubilee Library; 17 Afam Street, D/Line.
- – Central Library; 3 Bernard Carr Street, Town.
- – Rainbow Book Club; 20 Igbodo Street, Old GRA.
- – Best Bite Ltd.; 25/27 Elelenwo Street, GRA Phase II.
- – Kilimanjaro Outlets at GRA junction, Woji and Trans Amadi.
- – Metro Park, Abacha Road GRA Phase III
- – Silverbed Cinema, Port Harcourt
This is the third Book Donation Drive the PH WBC 2014 is organising to place books within reach of children and youths. Successful drives were conducted to commemorate Christmas 2013 and Children’s Day 2014. The books received from these exercises were donated as seed libraries to 5 orphanages as well as a home for street children. It is expected that this third Book Drive will produce 3 more seed libraries in communities which hitherto had very little or no access to good books.
For more information visit www.portharcourtworldbookcapital.org or call 07058343049